Mead on Christmas?

BrewJen

Do any of you have a glass of mead on Christmas Day? A friend of mine does, but I associate it more with summer than a winter holiday.

Jason

Charlie Mops wannabe
Staff member
It depends on the type. But yeah I will have a glass usually on Christmas Eve. Christmas Day I may have a nice glass of whiskey.

HelenWheels

I have still never had the chance to try mead. I feel deprived! :( I hope I get a chance to try some soon but I don't know anyone that makes it. I may need to make a trip to the Renaissance Festival when it opens again this summer. It usually runs from August through October.

Jason

Charlie Mops wannabe
Staff member
I have still never had the chance to try mead. I feel deprived! :( I hope I get a chance to try some soon but I don't know anyone that makes it. I may need to make a trip to the Renaissance Festival when it opens again this summer. It usually runs from August through October.
You could try a larger wine/alcohol store. ABC Wines I think carries a few bottles.

Amazon sells wine and some mead also. http://www.amazon.com/s/?_encoding=UTF8&camp=1789&creative=390957&field-keywords=mead&linkCode=ur2&tag=connorswebguidec&url=search-alias=wine

I think this is the Wild Blossom Meadery wine I've had. It was pretty good if you like apple cinnamon.

I think I've even ordered from here before. http://www.winechateau.com/ It sounds familiar but I cannot remember.

HelenWheels

That was very helpful. I appreciate the links, Jason. It never even occurred to me that Amazon sold wine or mead.
I do like apple cinnamon! That sounds delicious. "Wild Blossom Meadery" is a great name. :)

wild

We just had our club Christmas Party last Saturday Night and we sampled several award winning meads from the Arizona Mead Cup. There was also a special treat that was sent to us from Moonlight Meadery that was also enjoyable. Unfortunately I'll be working Christmas Eve and Christmas Day so I won't have the chance to imbibe. Have one for me.