Mr. Beer kits

brewgal

Has anyone ever used the Mr. Beer homebrew kits? My brother wants a brew kit for Christmas and I was just wondering if these are good starter kits ?

Jason

Charlie Mops wannabe
Staff member
I started off with one many, many moons ago. It was ok, nothing special. A basic brew kit from a place like midwest may cost a little more but would get more use out if it I think.

brewgal

Thanks Jason! I will check out the kits at Midwest before I make a decision then. My husband says he wants one now too so maybe I can get two presents taken care of at once!

lab22

What a great idea for Christmas presents brewgal! I would never have thought of that and it's a good gift for someone who likes their beer. Do these kits make just regular beer or can the flavor of beer to what you want?

wild

What a great idea for Christmas presents brewgal! I would never have thought of that and it's a good gift for someone who likes their beer. Do these kits make just regular beer or can the flavor of beer to what you want?
The sky's the limit. A homebrewer can make any kind of beer their mind can come up with.