Storing wine

HelenWheels

I was wondering how everyone was storing their wine. I never have more than a few bottles at a time, but some of them I've been keeping around awhile. I know they need to be on their side and should be turned every so often. I have a small wine rack and would like a larger one but I'm not sure if I have the space.

Bailey

If you only keep a few bottles at a time, it shouldn't be a problem. Simply use a shelf in the cellar and space the bottles with something soft. Where there's a will there's a way. :)

HelenWheels

That is the problem. I don't have a cellar. If I did, that would be really great and I wouldn't have an issue with space. I have a small rack and a few bottles in a cabinet. Those really should be in a rack and laying on their sides.

brewgal

As long as you aren't keeping them for an extraordinarily long time they should be fine even in the cabinet upright. I have yet to have a bottle go bad on me anyway!

HelenWheels

I had one where the cork went bad and crumbled. Someone told me it was because I stored it standing upright so it dried out. I think I had the bottle for about a year. I didn't expect that to happen. There is no telling how long it was like that in the store before I bought it though. :(

clarkdart

We are not really wine drinkers here, if any wine comes into the house it is drank that night normally so there are no leftovers. My mother-in-law is thinking about getting something like this, anyone know if it is good or not?