An awesome soda, that I can't remember the name of

So, when I was younger my parents would always buy these sodas that were made from real sugar and tasted pretty good. One of the flavors was Fufuberry. Does anyone know of the brand of this soda?

YES! That is exactly what I am talking about. I know that there is lemonade and cola flavored. I'm not too crazy for the cola, and the lemonade tends to slightly taste like cotton candy to me. I like adding fruits to it to make it taste better.

BeerPong

Yup; Jones soda is solid. It is definitely one of the only sodas worth drinking, especially considering how bad it is for you, but at least this tastes better than other commercial crap.

clarkdart

Jones is without a doubt my favorite among very few. It is sometimes hard to get in our area since everyone stalks the stores for it. I would love if they could expand more.

Every now and then my mother got it from Foodlion, but as of late, for some reason, she stopped getting them and started getting Sierra Mist.

Beerpong, how is the soda bad for you? I know it has sugar, and it is not particularly high on the recommended drinks to consume, but I'm not entirely sure its actually BAD for you. Unlike other sodas, Jones soda is made from cane sugar, not high fructose corn syrup.

Jessi

Beerpong, how is the soda bad for you? I know it has sugar, and it is not particularly high on the recommended drinks to consume, but I'm not entirely sure its actually BAD for you. Unlike other sodas, Jones soda is made from cane sugar, not high fructose corn syrup.
While it may be better for you than other sodas, consuming sweets often is bad for you. In that sense, if you drink soda more than just every once in a while, then it's definitely bad for you.

DeeDee

I have never heard of a Jones brand. The bottle certainly looks interesting though. I will have to try it in the lemonade flavor. Do most stores carry it?

BeerPong

Every now and then my mother got it from Foodlion, but as of late, for some reason, she stopped getting them and started getting Sierra Mist.

Every soda is bad for you; no matter how it is made. You are still consuming empty calories and some form of sugar that is foreign to your body. Unless it has natural sugars, like fresh fruits, then it is not really good for you.

Jessi

I have never heard of a Jones brand. The bottle certainly looks interesting though. I will have to try it in the lemonade flavor. Do most stores carry it?
It depends on your region. If it's carried where you are, then yes, most of your stores are going to carry it. It can be really hard to find in some areas, though.

Every soda is bad for you; no matter how it is made. You are still consuming empty calories and some form of sugar that is foreign to your body. Unless it has natural sugars, like fresh fruits, then it is not really good for you.
I'm not entirely sure about that. It just doesn't seem right, and I am only speaking intuitively. I do know that the amount of sugar in some of the more popular brands of soda are indeed bad for you, but what about the stuff you make by hand? So the only thing bad about it is the sugar and not the yeast used to make it?

Jessi

I'm not entirely sure about that. It just doesn't seem right, and I am only speaking intuitively. I do know that the amount of sugar in some of the more popular brands of soda are indeed bad for you, but what about the stuff you make by hand? So the only thing bad about it is the sugar and not the yeast used to make it?
Yep, it's about the sugar. It should be seen as a treat because it's not "healthy" nor is it providing any sort of nutritional value. And as for store-bought varieties, you have to be aware of the chemicals and preservatives used, too.

I know about how the store bought stuff isn't good for you because of the preservatives and high fructose corn syrup, it's just the soda aspect I am curious about. I don't drink it that often, for the most part I drink water more than anything. Thank you for the clarification!

BrewJen

They carry Jones around here but I've never tried it. I'm a pretty solid Pepsi fan myself, even though I know it's terrible for me.

BeerPong

Even making it by hand will still have to include similar ingredients. It still needs to be made and the sugars and other such things will have to be added at some point.