Avocado Wine?

BrewJen

Have you ever tried avocado wine? I saw a bottle of it the other day and it looked intriguing, but I wasn't brave enough to buy a bottle and try it.

SecondCup

Avocado wine seems a bit odd, and I haven't actually tried it but I would try to have a sip in case I see one. I am a little experimental when it comes to food and drinks and I love avocados, so I wouldn't pass up tasting avocado wine.

SandyLynn

Well since I'm not an avocado fine, I don't think I would like it as a wine. It does sound a bit strange though. But, to each his own. :)

wild

I've had avocado mead before. The consensus was that it tasted like dirt for 3 years then got better.

BrewJen

Well that is an encouraging thought, wild. ;) I would've tried some anyway but they didn't have it out as one of the samples and I didn’t want to buy an entire bottle.

angeson

Defender of the swill
:eek: I'm afraid I'll have to pass on that one. It is hard to keep fresh guacamole for more than a day b4 it browns up. Plus it is an oily fruit. Id rather just do some grapes or raisins or plums or just about anything else.

Tess

I don't care for avocados so I think I would have to pass on that one. One of the strangest wines I ever did try was one made from rhubarb. It was actually pretty good.

brewgal

I have never cared for avocados before, but my hubby made homemade guacomole the other day and it was really good. I would probably at least try the avocado wine. I have never seen any in a store before though.

GardenGal

Avocado wine does sound a little odd. I love avocados so I would try it depending on the price. For $10 or less a bottle it might be worth the risk. Any more than that would be too much to pay for the experiment.

BrewJen

I don't care for avocados so I think I would have to pass on that one. One of the strangest wines I ever did try was one made from rhubarb. It was actually pretty good.
Rhubarb wine would probably be pretty tasty. Where did you find it? I've never seen it before.

Brewgal, I generally like avocadoes too, both by themselves and in guacamole. I just have a harder time envisioning them as a main ingredient in wine.

Lars

I tasted something similar on a dare once. I didn't like it at all, and I love fresh avocado, too. There are so many things that taste good in wine. Why make something like avocado wine at all? It cannot be good.

Nicky

Have you ever tried avocado wine? I saw a bottle of it the other day and it looked intriguing, but I wasn't brave enough to buy a bottle and try it.
Intriguing isn't the word I would've used. That doesn't sound very appealing at all. Kind of like hamburger flavored ice cream. Some things you just shouldn't mix together.