Baked

clarkdart

That is right I said it, baked. Has anyone here taking their jams or jellies and baked a sandwich of sorts from them? Our kids came home last week and said the school bakes their PB&J so that it is kind of baked and kind of grilled at the same time. I have never heard of this myself so I must be out of the loop.

Stalemate

I have never baked a PBJ before but I have grilled it just like a grilled cheese sandwich. It all delicious and gooey. I think the reason the school "bakes" them is that most of them use the Uncrustables that come frozen. They have to thaw them out and baking is how they do it.

ILoveCoffee

I don't think I have ever baked a sandwich, but like Stalemate, I have tried grilled PB&J, and it was good. I have also tried using only peanut butter, and the sandwich turned out okay, too.

melli

I haven't ever had a grilled or baked peanut butter and jelly sandwich. I love peanut butter toast though. I must be out of the loop too!

Baked peanut butter sandwiches would be drippy wouldn't they? We toast ours sometimes under the broiler to get the bread nice and crunchy. We do piemento cheese sandwiches this way too.

Ubur3

I would think that the peanut butter would get runny! I have made a lot of grilled sandwiches but never grilled peanut butter and jelly. I bet kids would love it though.