Beer in thailand

R. Paradon

There are several breweries here in Thailand that make decent beer. The most popular is called Leo but instead of a picture of a lion on the label there is a leopard. It has about the same taste as Bud in the States but as with all beer here it has more of a kick to it.

Another beer that I like is called Chang (elephant). It taste pretty good but it seems to me that the alcohol content varies. Sometimes I can drink three liters and feel nothing and other times I can have one bottle and I am feeling fine!

The beer here is not dark but there is an import from Laos called Beer Laos and they have a good tasting dark beer.

Apron

I wonder how all the floods in Thailand this year have affected their beer industry. I know it has been terrible there, with many people forced out of their homes and much of the country under water.

R. Paradon

Are all beers there made from rice?
To my knowledge they are made with hops, barley and malt, but I will find out for sure and let you know. We do have some "nasty" whiskey called "Laocaw" (bad spelling) which is made from rice and will definitely sit even a big person on their butt and cause severe mood swings! I know this from experience.

I wonder how all the floods in Thailand this year have affected their beer industry. I know it has been terrible there, with many people forced out of their homes and much of the country under water.
Bangkok suffered quite a bit from the floods. Not all of the breweries are located there but it is a major point of distribution. I live in mainly in Pattaya which is approximately 80 miles south and we had shortages of water and rice but somehow the beer came on in! I have a small home in the jungle and our village had no shortages at all. The price per bottle went up about 15 cents but most everything else did as well. Even the 7-11's had bare shelves for a month or so.

BeerPong

Do you have that wine made from cobra venom like Vietnam? Is it something that is imported/exported or do you have some kind of variation that you make?