Beer Tasting

I was invited to a beer tasting party this past weekend. Cheese, chocolate, blues music and lots of homebrew beer was the fare. I have never tasted so many great home brewed beers before. My favorite was "apple pie" beer. It really did taste like an apple pie without the sweetness. If you ever have the chance to go to one of these events, don't pass it up.

ciderchic

Sounds like you had fun, HappyHoney! I've never heard of a home brewed beer tasting party before. Is it similar to wine tasting, where you have to spit out the wine? If not, I can imagine everyone there got a pretty nice buzz!!

wild

Sounds like you had fun, HappyHoney! I've never heard of a home brewed beer tasting party before. Is it similar to wine tasting, where you have to spit out the wine? If not, I can imagine everyone there got a pretty nice buzz!!
We don't spit beer!:cool:

ciderchic

Ha ha, Wild! I wouldn't spit out my beer, either. ;) (Although, for the record, I wouldn't spit out the wine at a wine tasting event. That's just wasteful!!)

Nope! We don't spit out the beer. And as for the buzz? Well, I'll leave that to your imagination. There were some really good brews there as well as homemade chocolate truffles that would melt in your mouth. Ya'll ought to have one of these parties or find one to go to.

ciderchic

Beer and truffles? Doesn't sound like it would go together well to me, but I do like beer and I do like chocolate, so I'd be willing to try it once! ;)

FrostyMug

I didn't know there were beer tasting events either, but it sounds like a good time. How would I go about finding when and where these events are held? Just keep an eye on events in the local paper? Just wondering if there may be other avenues I'm not aware of.

wild

Keep an eye on your local paper, internet listing of town events, American Homebrewers Association, and your breweries/local Craft Brewers Guild.

FrostyMug

Ah, thanks Wild. I knew there had to be a number of avenues I didn't think of. The latter two you mentioned, I didn't think of at all. You are a very good tipster!