Best meals to freeze

brewgal

I am about to become an aunt to twins and I would like to make some meals to freeze in vacuum packages for my brother and sister-in-law. My brother is a CPA and the babies are coming right before tax season so I know that this is going to be a really stressful time for them. I already have some BBQ done up for them for sandwiches, some chili, and some vegetable soup.

Allhops

I like freezing lasagna, any type of casseroles, that would reheat well. Maybe a green bean casserole, tuna casserole, or a chicken casserole. I split them up into personal sized servings in small vacuum bags. Some will do better than others! This is a really thoughtful gesture that you're doing.

melli

I love the idea of freezing some uncooked pasta dishes. They could just pull them out and pop them in the oven. The prep work is what takes so long - cooking them would be super easy.

DIY-Mom

That is a very kind gesture, brewgal. Stew and rice is relatively easy to prepare, and you can make up quit a few packages to freeze. I am freezing rice all the time; it works perfectly.

TryAnything

I've been making homemade frozen pizzas, so much tastier then the ones you buy at the store. Different kinds of soups and stews usually work out really well too.

brewgal

So far I have three different soups, lasagna, a couple of casseroles and a batch of beef stew ready to go. My mother is going down this weekend so she is going to start hauling it all to them.