Black Silk

HelenWheels

Folger's Black Silk coffee is quite good! It makes a nice, dark cup of coffee and it doesn't have that burnt, bitter flavor that many dark coffees have. They sell it in the smaller 10.3 ounce cans for less than $5.00 so it is worth trying if you haven't already.

Allhops

Well, I am a bit surprised at this since it looks really dark and nasty! I don't mind dark roasted coffees but Starbucks is completely nasty. Since you made a comment like this, I might give it a try now.

brewgal

I have been wanting to try the Folger's Black Silk coffee for awhile now, and now I will definitely have to try it. I love the darker coffees, the darker the better really!

TryAnything

I usually don't like really dark coffee. I tend to stick with the classic roast, but I might give this a try. My husband prefers dark coffee so we can never agree on what to buy.

HelenWheels

You can always add a little creamer to it if you don't like it so dark, or just add less grounds to the pot. Check Folger's website on occasion because they often have free samples.

Allhops

The dark stuff is really an acquired taste because most people I know, won't even drink it. I think it's funny how Starbucks is trying to train people but many people don't like dark roasted stuff.

I really like the Black Silk too! A coworker brought some in, along with raspberry creamer. It was delicious! I'd never considered myself a person who would ever like dark roasts, but it changed my mind. Dark roasts are all I drink now.

HelenWheels

It really is smooth, isn't it? It doesn't have that burnt taste that some of the darker roasts have. That is exactly what I don't like about Starbucks coffee. It always tastes burnt to me.

Raspberry creamer? I had no idea they had such a thing. That sounds good.

brewgal

I got some Black Silk coffee in k-cups for Christmas and it is fabulous! It is definitely some of the best coffee I have had in the darker roasts.