Blackberry Wine

rayne

A friend just brought me some homemade blackberry wine. Man, is it good. I must find out how this was brewed. Do you have a favorite recipe for blackberry wine?

brewgal

Blackberry wine sounds pretty good. My favorite non-grape wine is muscadine wine, but I have never tried to make it. my grandparents used to make it every summer. :)

Cornelia

I've never actually made any wine yet but have a friend that make it a lot. He made up some blackberry not long ago and gave us some. It was really good. :)

BrewJen

I've never tried blackberry wine but I'm definitely interested. Is it sweet or dry? Didn’t your friend have a recipe?

I thought muscadine was a type of grape.

Georgie

"I thought muscadine was a type of grape."

It is! I once made some blackberry and plum wine and it was strong, full bodies and sweet. I used 4lb blackberries to 2lb plums and 2lb sugar. It took a year to age and it was one of my best wines ever.

TryAnything

Blackberry wine is something that my husband wants to try to make. Hopefully he will do a good job of it when he gets around to it. I have yet to find a bottled blackberry wine that doesn't taste and smell like rotted fruit.