Blending wines

brewbaby

Have you ever tried blending commercial wines to see what you come up with? After all, many wines are created from blending by the wineries, why not do it at home? I'm thinking of doing some experimenting to see what I can come up with.

Maverick

Now that's an interesting thought brewbaby. I've never tried it, but now I'm really wondering what some of my favorites will taste like when blended together.

The only time I blend wine is when there is not enough in one bottle to make a full glass. Then whatever wine I have open in the fridge is what I blend with. By the time that happens though, it all tastes pretty good. :D Sherry doesn't blend well with anything though.

BrewJen

I don't think I've ever blended wines at home, but it's a good idea. I think I'll try it next time I'm in an adventurous wine mood.

angeson

Defender of the swill
I've tested the waters on blending. I made an apple wine that was TART, real Tart and a peach that turned out to sweet. When blended they made a nice sipping juice.

melli

Interesting! I am going to have to try this as an experiment. I will try with two very different flavors. I hope it doesn't end up tart.