Bought a Keurig

BrewJen

We bought a Keurig off Craigslist the other day. My husband loves it. I'm not a coffee drinker so I don't get as much use, but I like it for tea and hot chocolate.

clarkdart

It is great to get a quick cup of hot water, I think I use mine more for that lately. For some reason I am not drinking much through the day but at night before bed I just want a good steaming cup of tea.

BrewJen

I didn't even think about using it for just the hot water. I bet that's faster than heating the water in the microwave.

Do you leave your Keurig on all the time or do you turn it on when you use it?

Nicky

I've always wanted one of those just to see how well it worked. I'm starting to drink tea again so it's good to know I could use one for that.

TryAnything

I can't talk the husband into getting me one. I'm really the only coffee drinker in the house and he says that it just isn't worth the price. My goal is to get one by the end of the year, I already used up my birthday, Mother's Day and anniversary gifts for this year on last years Christmas gift, so Christmas this year it is. He can't say no if it's Christmas, right? :)

I tried a couple different kinds of the Keurig coffee because my bank has one in the lobby. I wasn't really impressed. I will stick with my drip coffee maker and fresh beans.

corked

I am not all that crazy about the flavor of the coffees, either, which is why I haven't bothered. I almost never have just one cup of coffee, anyway, so I like being able to brew a half or whole pot when I need it.

I'm with you corked. I make a pot in the mornings, drink several cups and reheat it in the afternoon for several more. I can't justify the expense of the Keurig or the refills. I can buy a lot of coffee for what I would spend on the Keruig.

I think Keurigs are pretty awesome when you want to brew a quick batch of coffee when you're on the run. I remember students at the college selling cups of coffee for a fundraiser. It's very convient.

lab22

I can't talk the husband into getting me one. I'm really the only coffee drinker in the house and he says that it just isn't worth the price. My goal is to get one by the end of the year, I already used up my birthday, Mother's Day and anniversary gifts for this year on last years Christmas gift, so Christmas this year it is. He can't say no if it's Christmas, right? :)
TryAnything, did you know they come in mini sizes that are under $100. You can get them in different colors too. There is the usual black, platinum, red and white. They are really cute too. It's made for single use, so it's perfect for you.

JamesSkyrunner

I'm with you corked. I make a pot in the mornings, drink several cups and reheat it in the afternoon for several more. I can't justify the expense of the Keurig or the refills. I can buy a lot of coffee for what I would spend on the Keruig.
Did you know they make reusable cups that you can fill up with any kind of normal coffee I got one for bday and rarely buy the cups just get can of folgers and fill up the reuseable cup or Swiss miss

James Skyrunner

brewgal

We got a Keurig last year for Christmas, and we also have those refillable cups. I use the regular coffee pot in the mornings and then use the Keurig in the afternoon and evenings. I haven't tried the hot chocolate yet, I will have to put that on my grocery list.