Bread Pudding

brewgal

Someone in my family has requested a bread pudding for Christmas. I have never had one or made one so I thought I would see if anyone knew of a good recipe?

I have not had a bread pudding in awhile. My mom makes a wonderful one, but I don't even have the recipe. I had one at a restaurant once that had a delicious bourbon sauce on it.

BrewJen

This is the bread pudding recipe that my husband always uses. He often makes some rum sauce to pour over the top but I don't have that part of the recipe.

Bread pudding (12 servings)

INGREDIENTS:

6 slices day-old bread
2 tablespoons butter, melted
1/2 cup raisins (optional)
3 eggs, beaten
2 cups milk
3/4 cup white sugar
1 teaspoon ground nutmeg
1 teaspoon vanilla extract

DIRECTIONS:

1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
2. Break bread into small pieces into an 8 inch square baking pan. Drizzle melted butter or margarine over bread. If desired, sprinkle with raisins.
3. In a medium mixing bowl, combine eggs, milk, sugar, cinnamon, and vanilla. Beat until well mixed. Pour over bread, and lightly push down with a fork until bread is covered and soaking up the egg mixture.
4. Bake in the preheated oven for 45 minutes, or until the top springs back when lightly tapped.

HelenWheels

I love bread pudding. I haven't had this in ages! Thanks for the recipe and the reminder of a dessert that I haven't thought about in quite some time. Those are the kind of ingredients that most people always have on hand already too.