Brew in a powder form?

clarkdart

I got the idea the other day looking at this little packet my wife used. You put it in water, shake it up and it is slightly flavored with a few calories. Would it be possible to do something like this with a beer brew? Something like an electrolyte brew is what I am thinking.

RobertMcC

That doesn't sound good. You have to have the consistency and the natural carbonation right in order for it to taste right. I don't think you could ever do that with a packet of powder.

Marcia

We're getting closer and closer to the age of the Jetsons every day. Beer in a stir packet sounds so futuristic. I guess it's possible, but we're bound to miss out on something. Beer is more than just a taste, isn't it?

clarkdart

I would love to be in sync with the Jetson's, they have that shower and shave walk through machine right? I will check out the thread, not sure how I missed it but it seems many places are coming out with more drinks on the go. Mio, Crystal Light and now beer!

BrewJen

I don't really like the idea of "instant beer". It just doesn't seem like it would have a good flavor or body. Also, how would you get the proper carbonation?