Brewing Parties

BrewJen

I haven't been to one in quite some time but it is a lot of fun to get together with some friends to do the brewing. Do you ever brew with friends or do you do it by yourself?

clarkdart

The few times we have done this most times it turns into a weekend party and sleepover. This most times also requires the kids out of the house, we might be old (older) but we still get rowdy sometimes.

wild

We have a few brewouts at our LHBS for Big Brew, Learn to Homebrew Day, Pearl Harbor Day, and Spring Brew. One of our members has a brewout on January 1st called the Recovery Brewout and were getting together on the 25th of this month to brew at a new member's home (with a pool). Our club also encourages Buddy Brews when a person wants to brew, they can send out a club-wide email to invite people to learn, help, brew, or just kibitz.

BrewJen

Ha, I like the Recovery Brewout on New Year's Day; that's really funny. There'd be plenty of New Years I would have had to sit that one out though; I can't stand to look at beer while hungover.

wild

For the Recovery Brewout, the host provides coffee and the club provides doughnuts and bagels. For lunch, we have a potluck with the host providing several varieties of homemade brats.

wild

The best I've done is brew a smoked porter while smoking a turkey, smoking a cigar, and drinking a stout. Yeah, multi-tasking. Ha!