Brews That Are Easy On The Stomach

TryAnything

Over the past 12 years, I haven't been able to drink beer. I'm not sure what happened, I used to be able to drink it, but now it just makes me horribly sick to my stomach. Is there a home brew that's kind of easy on the stomach? My husband is getting into home brewing and I would like to be able to try some of the things he's making without feeling sick afterwards.

BrewJen

When you say sick to your stomach, are you referring to nausea or pain or heartburn? Can you drink coffee and eat acidic foods? I'm just wondering if you have an untreated reflux condition or maybe even an ulcer.

clarkdart

I have never had this issue with beer before but I do if I try to drink Jack Daniel's . I have also had this issue with coffee depending on how strong it is. How old are you?

TryAnything

I'm 34. Everything seems to have started after I had my twins. It's mostly pain and...unmentionable unpleasantness. I used to have the same problem with coffee, milk and pop, but those cleared up a few years ago.

wild

There's just not enough information to make suggestions. Your best bet would be to speak to a physician to find out the cause. With that info, we might be able to help you out on some recipes.