Bubble tea

Has anyone here tried bubble tea before?

There are a couple tea shops where I live that have this drink. It's very unusual, almost like a smoothie or a milkshake, and it's usually served with tapioca pearls. You can get it in a variety of flavors, but my favorite is honeydew melon. It's one of my favorite treats.

BrewJen

I think I've seen something similar before at Indian food cafes. It was called something else but I liked it too. It was about the only Indian food item I did like. :D

It's really good. It's made with milk and powdered tea. You can buy it online and make it yourself in a blender, but I've never tried doing it myself. Much easier to just drive up the road to the tea shop!

corked

I've never heard of it, but I don't go to Indian restaurants as I don't care for Indian food. I'm not sure I'd care for something made with powdered tea, anyway, but it does sound unusual.

brewgal

I have never had bubble tea before, but I have seen it on TV shows before, particularly those about food in other countries. I would absolutely try it if given the chance.

It's very sweet. There are a number of different flavors. I've tried blueberry, rose, cherry, cantaloupe, vanilla, and taro so far. I've yet to come across a flavor I didn't like.

If you have a tea bar locally, check to see if they do milk tea smoothies. They're very similar to bubble teas.