Chicken Spaghetti Sauce - Ideas?

Starlight

I have some chicken that's as bland as the day is long. I picked it up at the grocery, and it was supposed to be lemon pepper flavored, but I've yet to find any flavor. I've got spaghetti, so I thought chicken spaghetti. I have cheddar cheese on hand, so I'm open to ideas. :)

Betty

I use Hunt's chunky vegetable spaghetti sauce when I make chicken spaghetti. Alfredo sauce would also be good. I am not really sure what you could do with cheddar cheese and spaghetti. Maybe someone else will have a good idea.

Natalie

I've had a spaghetti casserole made with cheddar cheese and tomatoes. It was good! Adding chicken would probably work. Betty, I like your suggestion of alfredo sauce. Creamy textures with chicken appeal to me.

Dolce

For our chicken spaghetti sauce, we usually use tomato sauce or fresh tomatoes along with herbs and spices such as garlic, onion, celery, and olives. And of course, cheddar or parmesan cheese to top the pasta with.

Knert

Could you marinate it before you mix it with the spaghetti sauce or are you talking about a full on sauce that will just cover the entire plain chicken? Even the smallest spices can do wonders for bland food, just ask my sister in law. She is stuck in the UK and hates all food there.

Snyder

It sounds like if you added enough rich flavors to compensate for the bland chicken, you would be good to go and still benefit from the poultry's protein. Try using Alfredo sauce for a special treat...kind of like "Chicken Alfredo sauce".

porker

I had a wonderful meal at our local pub last week and it was spaghetti, chicken and bacon in a mushroom sauce. Both of us enjoyed it and I would eat it again, so give this a try.

Starlight

Bacon with the mushroom sauce sounds wonderful. Everyone's ideas are great. Thanks! One of the grocery stores in my town always puts their chicken on special when they don't sell it all by a certain time. So, it's a great deal, but the chicken always needs some help.

daffodil

One of my favorite ways to eat chicken is in a sandwich. I slather on the mustard and the mayo, heavy on the mustard. My family used to tease me that I liked a little chicken with my mustard. It's hardly a gourmet meal, but it's a favorite all the same.