Chocolate Covered Strawberries

ciderchic

I haven't had any chocolate covered strawberries in a long time, but strawberries are on sale at the grocery store, so I thought I would buy a couple of pints and dip some of them in chocolate. Which chocolate do others use for chocolate covered fruits?

Georgie

I go for the 70% or 80% dark chocolate, usually Lindt from Switzerland or Greene and Black's, which is, I believe, organic. I love really good, dark chocolate for anything like this.

RobertMcC

When we did them for our kids, we just used the Wilton milk chocolate melts. They did OK. Believe it or not, my wife doesn't like chocolate covered strawberries and prefers strawberries plain with a little Splenda sprinkled on them. She hasn't liked any chocolate covered fruit so far and prefers the fruit plain. She's just weird. LOL

Georgie

When we did them for our kids, we just used the Wilton milk chocolate melts. They did OK. Believe it or not, my wife doesn't like chocolate covered strawberries and prefers strawberries plain with a little Splenda sprinkled on them. She hasn't liked any chocolate covered fruit so far and prefers the fruit plain. She's just weird. LOL
I don't think she's weird at all. In fact, although I will eat chocolate covered strawberries, I do prefer them on their own, as I prefer any fruit on it's own without added sugar, cream or anything. :)

BrewJen

I don't think she's weird either. I like strawberries and I love chocolate, but I prefer to eat them separately, so I've never made chocolate-covered strawberries.

ciderchic

I have to agree with Robert on this, because chocolate and strawberries were made for one another! :p Last time I made them, I think I used milk chocolate, but I believe I am going to try dark chocolate this time, as I've recently discovered (much to my dismay) that milk chocolate has WAY too much sugar in it!

If I make anything chocolate dip I usually get the Ghirardelli brand bakers chocolate bars. They have a really good flavor. I am not a big fan of chocolate dipped fruit unless you are talking bananas though.

Marcia

I like using the Wilton melts. They are easy, can be melted quickly in the microwave and come in regular chocolate and white chocolate varieties. It's fun to mix the colors on the chocolate.