Chocolate Sauce

Allhops

So I wanted a chocolate sauce to make mocha lattes with. I didn't buy any from Amazon because I wanted to make sure everything was good first. Then, I came across this chocolate sauce recipe! I will say that you can probably do a little less sugar depending on how sweet you want it. It does taste fantastic though!

brewgal

Well, this looks super easy! I would probably start off with a little less sugar than two cups, but other than that it looks great.

HelenWheels

That does sound pretty rich. No wonder they say to just use a teaspoon in a glass of milk. A little goes a long way! Such a simple recipe and I can think of a lot of uses for it. Thanks!

Allhops

Yes, I totally agree with you about the sugar! I am going to do about 1 and 1/2 cups of sugar next time as I don't need it that sweet. But, I will say that it is very good.

Another tip I will mention is, use a double boiler next time. I almost had the thing boiling over on me a few times! Trust me, you don't want that mess on your stove! Also, use a whisk in the beginning to mix in and dissolve the cocoa. I had a bunch that didn't mix that well.

melli

Wow - super easy is right. I would add less sugar too. I do like sweet things but this seems like too much. I am going to get everything tomorrow after work and give it a shot.

That sounds good, but I am with everyone else. I like my chocolate sauce more chocolaty than sweet. I would probably cut the sugar down to 1 or 1 1/4 c instead of 2. How did it work out in your coffee?