Chocolate Wine?

TryAnything

My friend has a serious hatred for wine, but she said she had this chocolate raspberry wine not long ago that was really good. She can't remember what kind it was and neither one of us has been able to find it or anything similar. My husband says that there is no way that it is real wine if it is chocolate flavored. Is he right?

corked

No, he's not right. You can add almost any flavor to wine, although they all should start with a fruit base to be called wine.

Nicky

Raspberry wine sounds good, but chocolate? Not so much so. Sorry, but that combination just doesn't sound very appealing. to me. Chocolate ice cream, sure. But not wine.

TryAnything

I love being able to prove him wrong! We still haven't found the wine she had, but we did find a chocolate one that was just about the nastiest thing I have ever tasted.

clarkdart

I am not big on wine either but I would give it a go. We were talking about this the other day and actually found a simple recipe online that might do the trick. I am not big on Zinfandel but we can still try it.