Corona Discovery

misty

For Father's day we went to an authentic Mexican place to eat. I had a Corona with dinner and I discovered when you drink Corona with certain Mexican dishes it has a whole new flavor that is fantastic!

arcadefire

I agree. When I first tried Corona I was not really impressed. Then when I tried it with Mexican food it all made sense! Of course you can understand why that is. A culture will make a beer that goes along with the food.

clarkdart

Corona is one of those that I really need to be in the mood for it before hand and I have never had it while eating. I might need to give this a shot. There is a new shop downtown that has a little restaurant that could be perfect for this.

misty

Give it a shot! Try it with Mexican food and tell me if I am crazy or not! Hehe, at this point I will only drink it with Mexican food. Otherwise I will be drinking the stuff we make ourselves.

Vivanno

Corona is not really one of my favorites, but maybe trying it out with Mexican food would be a different experience. :rolleyes: Some drinks could really bring out the best flavor in certain foods.

roomNbored

I have never been a huge fan of Corona either but maybe I will try it next time we go to the Mexican restaurant. I don't know if that will change my mind about it, but it might.

Heidi

I have tried Corona, and quite frankly, thought it tasted awful. I guess, I could give Corona another shot, at my favorite Mexican place. If it still tastes bad, I am coming back and blaming you. :)

wild

If Corona doesn't float your boat, try Negra Modelo. It's a fine example of a Vienna style lager.

KatyBug

I also, found that Corona is better with Mexican food. I think the food takes the ''bite'' of Corona, away. I still prefer a good margarita or shot of tequila, with my Mexican food, though.

wild

KatyBug said:
I still prefer a good margarita or shot of tequila, with my Mexican food, though.
+1,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:thumb:

JollyRoger

Corona's are the most well-known and popular of the Mexican beers. If it is a hot day than sometimes nothing tastes better than a good Mexican beer. I prefer Dos XX (green), but I agree with Wild, Negro Modelo is overall my favorite Mexican beer. It is dark and delicious. Modelo Especial, on the other hand, is kind of nasty.