Cups cost more than the coffee!

Georgie

Do you buy coffee from Starbucks and other high street chains? According to this article, the packaging costs them more than the beans! I don't buy coffee from these places since I stopped working in town, but this is surprising.

corked

I'm not surprised, actually, especially since the cups are printed with their branding. I have a part-time job at a convenience store up the street and our cups cost us .25 each, including the cost of the lids.

Georgie

If you think about it, that means that we, the consumers, are paying extra to advertise the coffee shop by paying for their logo! They should be paying us.:p

lab22

If you think about it, that means that we, the consumers, are paying extra to advertise the coffee shop by paying for their logo! They should be paying us.:p
That's what I say Georgie! I have a hard time justifying buying a coffee from Starbucks so I only do it on the odd occasion. My daughter loves their pumpkin spice latte so every year around this time we go buy our lattes. It's a treat for her and time together for us.

I buy coffee from Starbucks pretty regularly and I will tell you why. They use a lot of the cost to give back to the communities and their employees. They have wonderful business practices and because of that they very friendly and loyal staff and customers.

clarkdart

That sounds pretty bad for Starbucks, you would think with as large of a place that they have and the prices they charge they could cut some of that extra money and toss it. Being that big why are they paying so much to make the cups in the first place?

Bailey

Have you all priced paper products lately? I think the cost has doubled in the past few years. I used to use paper plates all the time but now I'm back to washing dishes. I do know that inventory in an establishment is not necessarily done on product, rather the containers in which it is served. This is especially true for convenience stores and fast food restaurants.