Did you know

carolyn

Did you know that brewed tea can be used as an antiseptic? My husband has some pretty bad cuts, and a friend told me to brew some tea, let it cool, and then pour it over the wounds. It seems to be working so far!

clarkdart

Yes I did, my mother-in-law told me about this years ago after I had some dental work done. Did you also know it is great when you have sunburned skin?

brewgal

I did not know about either of these uses for tea, but I will definitely keep it in mind for the future. We are all very fair-skinned so sunburns are a regular occurrence no matter how careful we are.

lab22

Well you learn something new every day! I will have to remember that about tea next time one of the kids gets a sunburn. Seems like the sun today burns right through whatever SPF you're wearing.

Bailey

I knew about the sun burn remedy but didn't know that it could be used as an antiseptic. Thanks for the information Carolyn. It just makes sense to use what you have on hand rather than go buy things you don't need.

Great information to have since I usually have it on hand. I knew it was great for canker sores, but never knew that it could be used for sunburns! Definitely giving that a try next summer.