Diet Coke's Artificial Sweetener Causes Sales Drop

Allhops

Here inside this article, is tens of thousands of people saying, "I told you so!" I hate this crap and never drank it once after I took a sip over 7 years ago. It was so nasty tasting and gave me a migraine from one sip, for the rest of the day. Good riddance, I say!

webpronews dot com/diet-cokes-artificial-sweetener-causes-sales-drop-2013-10

I would wager a guess that Diet Coke sales have dropped less because of fear of aspartame and more because they introduced a new zero calorie cola beverage that tastes more like regular Coke (Coke Zero). I know that is why I quit buying Diet Coke. It have also observed many things labeled cancer causing over the years only to have the claims retracted several years later.

Several years ago, I began having migraines and couldn't figure out why. After keeping a food diary over a period of time, I narrowed it down to artificial sweetener and MSG. Diet Cokes usually brought on the worst migraines. As long as I avoid these two ingredients, there are no headaches. Hence, no diet Cokes for me.

melli

I just started drinking Diet Coke again and I have been getting horrible headaches. I hate the taste of Coke Zero. The after taste makes me gag. I guess it's back to Coke! :)

corked

I don't bother drinking diet sodas. It's non-nutritional, empty calories. If you're going to drink it at all, it should be in moderation so why not have something that at least tastes good?

Allhops

@Stephanie Malloy, yes Coke Zero is included in this conversation. It is made with aspertame and they are disappointed in the sales of Coke Zero. I should have wrote "Diet Drinks" because that is what they actually meant. Yes, that Coke Zero is absolutely disgusting!

clarkdart

I have tried Diet Coke once and never liked it. Someone I know can not go without having one though, just about anytime of the day she is either sipping on this or a glass of water. I would much prefer the water to be honest. It tastes horrible and I am amazed it has lasted this long to start with.

Corked, diet sodas don't have calories so there is nothing empty there. I tried to quit drinking any kind of soda years ago, but I have extremely low blood pressure and when I quit drinking the caffeine and sodium, it bottomed out. I ended up fainting repeatedly. I headed in to the doctor where my BP was a whopping 65/70. So I have health problems when i don't have it.

brewgal

I can't stand the taste of any artificial sweeteners so I avoid Diet Coke at all costs. All of the artificial sweeteners give me headaches and hiccups that go on so long they are painful.

clarkdart

Too much sugar can do far worse for your health than most people think. I know one guy that drank himself (with soda) into the land of diabetes. Very sad too, this guy was 15 years younger than me.