DIY-Mom says hello :-)

DIY-Mom

Hello dear fellow forum members. My username (DIY-Mom) is the first step to learning as much as possible about homemade products. To date I have been a 'quick food Mom', using ready-made and fast-prepared food to feed my family, mostly because I was employed in a full-time job. Our situation changed for the better and I am now working from home, meaning that I have the opportunity to change our eating habits and offer my family real homemade food.

This forum seems to be the perfect place to start my 'journey' :)

DIY-Mom

Thank you wild :cool: I would love to know the outcome of your next brew - Maraschino-Chocolate Sweet Mead & Double Red Ale. Will you be using honey instead of sugar? And the syrup from the cherries, I guess. I can just imagine the final taste ...:D

wild

I haven't made the mead yet. I'm still working on the Bourbon Mesquite mead. As for the Double Red, we came out with a low OG due to brewing on a new 25-gallon system and were only able to hit 8.3% ABV. So I called it an Extreme Red. We were also able to get another 6-gallons of a regular Red from the second runnings.