Do you own an espresso machine?

Allhops

Do you own an espresso machine? I only ask because I really think I'm about to buy one for myself. I'm tired of having to go out and pay $3-$4 bucks for a latte which is mostly milk! I love drinking regular coffee too but I worked in a coffee house for a while so I know what a good latte should taste like. I just like to have the option to have one or the other sometimes. I like to mix it up!

Bailey

I've thought about getting an espresso machine for years but have never been able to justify the cost. I don't go to Starbucks that often and consider it a treat when I do. I would love to learn how to make a good latte. Can you teach me?

BrewJen

No, because my husband is the coffee drinker and doesn't care for lattes. He just drinks regular coffee with some milk and sugar, even in coffee shops.

brewgal

I don't have one but I would love to get one someday. I love espresso and coffee and so does my husband so it would be nice to be able to switch it up.

Allhops

I'm really thinking about getting the Delonghi EC155. It's a total beginner's machine and it's really affordable. On Amazon it's $83 buck brand new or I can get a slightly used one for like $20 less. If you go to the Seattle Coffee Gear YouTube channel, they review a bunch of different machines all the time.

We do have an espresso machine, but we hardly ever use it. It sits in the cupboard and comes out once or twice a year. I do like espresso, but I just don't feel like dragging everything out to make it.

Allhops

I don't know, I really like the idea of making my own lattes because after working in a coffee house for years, it seems like such a rip off to pay for one! Unless you are out and about and you can't make it home, then it's worth it.

I would love my own espresso machine! My mother in law has one, and it's great! The best part, I think, is the steamer attachment. It's great for a number of different drinks, especially chai.

clarkdart

We do not have one by a friend of the family does and she loves it. I have tried it before but I really can not get into it as it does not seem right to use such a tiny cup.

Allhops

Well, I caved in and finally got my espresso machine folks! I had a gift card that I had to use from my birthday so I figured what better time to use it but Christmas. It's a Delonghi EC155, beginner machine that has a nice pannarello steamer, a single and double shot portafilter. I ordered it off Amazon's returned stock so I got an extra few bucks off the sale price! I got the Lavazza Espresso ground coffee with one bottle of the Torani Vanilla syrup.

Folks, if you know lattes and coffee like I do, you will never go to places like Starbucks again! (eww burnt coffee is not tasty) This little machine pulls such great espresso shots that are full of body, caramel, nuts, and a crema that you can't resist. What a great investment, I am so glad I made this purchase.

Quite happy (and jealous) for you, Allhops! One day, I will get one of these. I love making my own tea and coffee. Maybe I'll seek out a hand steamer this year.

Allhops

Quite happy (and jealous) for you, Allhops! One day, I will get one of these. I love making my own tea and coffee. Maybe I'll seek out a hand steamer this year.
You definitely should. I mean I'm not a coffee snob or anything but I don't like drinking crap either. All that stuff out of Seattle is just garbage in my opinion. Peet's Coffee (Berkeley CA), Starbucks, Seattle's Best, are all over roasted and burnt. I worked at Borders Bookstore for a little while in 2005, and we had a Seattle's Best cafe upstairs on the 2nd level. The only reason I drank it was because it was free. Everyday I had a raging headache like you wouldn't believe! And of course it tasted terrible.

HelenWheels

I've always wanted one but the problem is that I would be way too lazy to drag it out just to make myself something once in awhile. Plus, I don't really have the counter space for more gadgets.

StevenJ

An espresso machine is a beautiful thing. I love having my espresso whenever I want it. The only thing is once I have one, I won't sleep right for days. I might have to drag out the machine now that I am thinking about it though.

Allhops

I've always wanted one but the problem is that I would be way too lazy to drag it out just to make myself something once in awhile. Plus, I don't really have the counter space for more gadgets.
I totally hear you Helen. I was just talking this over with someone the other day. We were flipping the channels and caught that Ninja cooker on QVC the other day. It's like, "How many gadgets am I supposed to have on my counter?! I have no more room!"