Expensive gadgets

Marcia

I needed a 1/4 tsp. scoop with an ice-cream scoop squeeze-handle attached to it for a project I have annually. I've looked high and low for one and finally bought one, but it cost $29.00. Why have some of these simple little tools gone up so much in price? Who can afford to stock a kitchen these days?

rayne

Watch for the sales Marcia. I agree it's expensive to stock a kitchen. Some things I have inherited and they still work very well. You can also find some of the items you need at thrift stores. Folks don't know what they have so they just donate them to a worthy cause.

Marcia

I needed this in a hurry, but I must admit, I love the little thing. I have made at least 36 batches of cookies in the last two months for various fundraisers. I even volunteered to make my little niece some to sell at her church booth last week. The tool makes it so easy. She made over $60 from just the cookies I gave her. There are some of those UFO gadgets lying around in my own kitchen drawers.

Lars

I bought a really expensive set of knives recently. I know what you mean about trying to justify the price on gadgets in the kitchen. If it's something you know you'll use, then it's worth going without ten cheap gadgets to get one or two really nice ones.

clarkdart

Being able to inherit items is a true blessing. We still do not have everything you want but it is the same with any other place in the house (like yard stuff or the garage), take your time, get the best prices and stock up over the years.