Favorite gadget

melli

What is your favorite gadget to use in the kitchen? I so many that it is hard to choose my favorite. What gadget could you not live without? You don't really know how many gadgets you have until you think about what you like the most.

Felix

I could not do without my wooden spoons. They are simple, and I replace them often, but they are the one thing I use the most in my cooking. I used three last night in preparing one meal. I'm glad they aren't expensive.

Georgie

I have two that I use constantly, my bread maker and my egg boiler but, on careful reflection, I'd have to choose my electric egg boiler which boils up to six eggs at a time soft, medium or hard. They always come out done to perfection.

RobertMcC

I have to say it's our mixer. We have a stand mixer that we use constantly. It changes to a food processor and a chopper too. It's very versatile and we use it all of the time.

melli

I have most of the items listed besides the egg boiler. That sounds pretty cool! I would say my favorite gadget is my quesadilla maker! I use it all the time. I also use our mixer all the time.

cheeseboard

I love my George Foreman grill. I use that at least a few times each month to cook chicken breasts, pork chops or burgers. Oh, wait, I use my electric fryer and my electric steamer even more often. Other than that, I have very few gadgets. I don't have a lot of counter space so I hate gadgets that have only one use.

I think that my favorite is my apple corer and slicer. Basically you toss the apple on the post and turn a crank that simultaneously slices and cores the apple. It gives me nice even pieces for my pies.

melli

Man now I want to change my mind. I love my George Foreman grill too and the panini maker too. I also love my electric apple peeler! It's great for this time of year.