Favorite Pickled Food?

ciderchic

What are your favorite pickled foods? My favorites are pickled okra and pickled cucumbers, but I also like pickled eggs. What other foods taste good pickled?

polistimo

Oh, I love pickled eggs, but then I love pickled anything. My late father was extremely fond of pickled walnuts and pickled herring too, and these are more of my favorites.

RobertMcC

I love pickled corn, pickled beans, pickled cucumbers-several different kinds and sour kraut. It's all good. My mother used to make a big crock of pickled corn on the cob and we would sneak into the basement and grab a cob and run out back with it. We'd all hide behind the corn crib and eat it until we were sick. Good stuff!

polistimo

Pickled red cabbage is mine. I just adore it. I have it in sandwiches, in salads and on it's own. The only thing I don't like about it is that it goes soft and yukky if you leave it for any length of time.

FrostyMug

We were at a local tavern one day, and I was so hungry I decided to try some pickled eggs, and I was surprised how delicious they were because I thought they looked so gross sitting in the jar. So, now my favorite is pickled eggs, pickled herring, and pickled okra. To add to my list, I will have to sample some more pickled foods!

ciderchic

I'm surprised no one has mentioned pickled beets yet! I forgot about those when I wrote my original post; they were a childhood favorite.

I've never heard of pickled walnuts before, polistimo, but I would definitely like to try them! Where do you find them?

Picked eggs are my all time favorite. Even my kids love them! A large jar doesn't last a week around my bunch. But I also like pickled cauliflower and carrots. And my ten year old son loves pickled okra. I am not too crazy over regular cooked okra myself because of how slimy they are, but I do like them pickled. It takes some of the slime away.

prepper

I only like pickled vegetables. Cucumbers, mainly, but I do like a veggie mix with cauliflower and onions, too. I don't care for pickled beets, eggs or meats. I'm not sure I've ever tried anything else pickled.

melli

I love pickles summer squash! It is my favorite. I also just love pickles! I don't like pickled eggs - I love eggs just not pickled. I've never tried to make pickled veggies (besides summer squash).