"Flappel, and Hold the Garbage"

Anybody remember this line from Fred Sanford, AKA Redd Foxx? From the TV series "Sanford and Son," he was ordering a glass of sangria that had all the fruit in it. He called it flappel and the garbage was the fruit. Personally I love all the fruit in sangria. Don't you?

HelenWheels

I like it too! My friend makes a beautiful sangria in her cut glass punch bowl set. Very pretty.

I also remember Fred Sanford and his "Champipple" which is a mix of Ripple wine and ginger ale. :D

corked

I enjoyed Sanford & Son, but don't remember either flappel or champipple. I've only had sangria once and I didn't care for it at all, but it may just have been that particular restaurant's way of making it. There wasn't much fruit and what I got tasted blah.

I don't remember "champipple" HelenWheels. Did that come from Sanford & Son? Actually, it doesn't sound too bad. That would be bubbly ripple. Ha! I do like sangria. The more fruit the better.

Thank you for sharing that HelenWheels. I'm still sitting here grinning. I loved that show. Outside of the ripple, I liked Aunt Esther. We used to laugh and laugh at some of the things Fred said and did to her. Thanks again. It made my day.

HelenWheels

You're welcome! Oh, yeah... Aunt Esther. :D It was a funny show and still pretty tame compared to the rest of his comedy.

Mixing wine with ginger ale makes a nice wine spritzer. Fred Sanford was ahead of the times. :D