Flavored coffee

I’ve had a craving for flavored coffee recently, but I’m at a loss for what to do about it. There are plenty of choices: flavored syrups, flavored creamer, or pre-flavored coffee. Which one makes for the best cup?

I prefer the flavored creamer. The pre-flavored coffee is not sweet at all but the creamer is. My first cup of the morning is black and the second has the creamer. I use this as a treat. My favorite is hazelnut.

corked

It all depends on what flavor, really. Not that many are available as ground coffee, so you may have to resort to the creamers or syrups. If you like vanilla, Don Francisco brand 'Vanilla Nut' makes a delicious cup of vanilla-flavored coffee.

We have a Fresh Market near here that has all kinds of flavored coffees. They have a Tiramisu flavored coffee that is amazing, and they have the best Christmas coffees I've ever had. Only problem is, the Fresh Market is thirty minutes from where I live, and I have to wait to go on trips to town!

I think I'm going to go the flavored creamer route till then. Maybe some vanilla coffee and vanilla creamer. Both your suggestions sound great.

Allhops

Ughh. I hate flavored coffee because that store Gloria Jean's in the mall years ago, completely over did it and I got burnt out. Then, when I was young, I worked at Starbucks with their Torani syrups, and realized they are much better to flavor your drink. You can control how much goes in there. With flavored ground coffee, it can be too overpowering sometimes. Plus, Torani has sugar free syrups as well, so no worries on that.

Ooh, I forgot about Torani. I wonder where I could find them, though.

If I remember correctly, Target has syrups, too. I'll have to check to see if they have any that are sugar free. The creamer I got today was a wee bit heavy on the sweet side. Finding that perfect balance is hard!

Allhops

You can get the Torani syrups either from their website or on Amazon. If you want, you can get the sugar free syrups which are pretty good too. I mean, you're only putting in a couple of pumps anyways. They make a great vanilla latte or cappuccino!

brewgal

We have been going through a LOT of coffee lately so that means a lot of creamer too. We both prefer liquid creamer so I have learned how to make it myself. You can make homemade liquid or powdered creamer really easily for much, much less money than store bought.

HelenWheels

I used to like to buy small cans of flavored coffee to have as an occasional cup. The last can I bought smelled wonderful but had a strange artificial taste to it and it put me off from buying flavored coffee grounds. Like others have said, if I want a flavored coffee, I'll use the creamers for that.