Flavored vinegars

prepper

I'd like to start creating my own flavored vinegars, both for myself to use and perhaps to give as gifts. These can look so pretty when bottled in attractive bottles or cruets. I've found a few recipes that I plan on trying but thought I might get more if I asked you folks for your favorites?

My favorite is balsamic vinegar but I have no idea how to go about making it. You're right about the attractiveness of the herbs and spices in the bottle. I hope you will share pictures when you get some made.

BrewJen

I used to hate balsamic vinegar and now I love it; like HappyHoney, it's my favorite. Perhaps it's an acquired taste.

Prepper, can you share your recipes?

RobertMcC

I love strawberry and raspberry vinegar. It is so good to make salad dressing from. Balsamic vinegar is a favorite too. They all have different tastes and go with something different. Rice wine vinegar is also a mild vinegar with a lower acidity than regular white vinegar. Let us know how you get on with the project.

GardenGal

You can use red wine vinegar. Buy it in the glass bottle and remove the outside stickers from the bottle. Add a sprig of rosemary and any other fresh herbs you may have. It will be beautiful and taste great.