Flavored vodka

corked

I recently had a drink that used marshmallow vodka in it. It was quite good so now I'm on a mission to make my own flavored vodkas. I believe that I can do this just by adding the flavoring item(s) and letting it sit to extract for a few days or weeks, right?

If you're going to buy the vodka anyway, why don't you go ahead and get the kind that's already flavored? There are so many flavors to choose from these days, surely you can find one without going to all the trouble of making your own. Let us know what you decide.

corked

Thank you, wild! I can't believe I didn't find any when I searched. I'll be reading those next.

wreckthehalls - I really prefer to make my own. It would be less expensive, plus I'd know exactly what was in them. And I think it might be fun to come up with new flavor combinations.

TryAnything

I've done the Skittles infused vodka before, it was a big hit. You can do the same thing with Jolly Ranchers for a slightly stronger flavor.

corked

I hadn't even thought of using candy to flavor the vodka. I'm going to have to search and find some interesting recipes to try. Hopefully they offer drink recipes, too, as I can't think of what would be good with candied vodka!

clarkdart

Skittles is not something you can really go wrong with. I know some people who have tried the hard candy Jolly Rancher and I have never really liked that. If it is not Skittles then I just prefer it as a Plain Jane.

carolyn

The only flavored vodka I have tried so far is the sweet tea flavored vodka. You have to be careful with that one though because it tastes just like iced sweet tea!

clarkdart

You can try to use berries when you go to infuse, those work pretty good. My wife loves strawberries and I prefer vanilla beans if I have to alter from Skittles (I love the candy type taste).

brewgal

I have never tried to infuse vodka with anything, but vanilla vodka sounds pretty good. I could also probably get behind the Jolly Rancher infused vodka.