For those of you with lots of cider...

corked

You can use apple cider as the liquid in recipes for an extra blast of flavor. Does wonders for apple cakes and muffins. You can even do that with other flavors, to create a mix that's different and delicious.

Jude

A recent recipe I used called for apple juice and I was surprised at how good it was. I'll bet cider would give it an extra kick. Do you have any recipes besides sweets that you use cider in?

oldieg

I never thought of that. I will have to try it. What will the cider replace? The water or oil? I am making pie, bread and muffins later today - all Apple of course.

corked

It wouldn't replace the oil, just the water for recipes. I wouldn't replace milk, either, if the recipe calls for it as that often combines with the other ingredients to get a certain texture. But I find lots of recipes that call for water and the cider is great for that. Apple juice works, too, but I think cider adds more flavor.

HelenWheels

That's interesting. I recently had some (store bought) apple bread and it was quite good. I bet it would be excellent to use cider or juice for making this bread. I have a recipe I want to try that sounds similar to the bread I just bought.

lab22

Apple bread sounds good. Was it like a dessert loaf or sandwich bread. I'm sure you could use cider for any recipe that calls for apple juice or apple flavor. My sister-in-law uses apple juice for her baking instead of water and her cupcakes and cakes are always moist.

Allhops

We added some to a muffin recipe like you suggested and it was really good! Apple cinnamon muffins hot in the morning with some java, are you kidding me?