Freezing Milk

Maverick

I was talking to a cashier at a grocery store not too long ago and she was telling me how she freezes milk. She stocks up during the weeks it's on sale so she doesn't have to buy any at regular price. Does anyone here do that?

melli

No! I didn't know that you could freeze milk. A gallon of milk here only costs $1.98 so I don't have to buy it and freeze it. How does it taste once you thaw it?

I had a roommate way back when that would do that. You can freeze it but I am just going to tell you right now that it separates and even if you shake it really well it never quite tastes the same. I don't freeze milk myself.

ciderchic

I think my brother and sister-in-law buy milk in bulk when it's on sale and freeze it, but we don't. We just buy it as we need it, since store brand isn't really that expensive here.

brewbaby

Make sure there is at least a one inch space at the top of the container before freezing it and it will be fine. Yes, it separates and it does taste a bit different after thawing, but it's perfect for cooking. We sometimes hit milk on the reduced rack and we freeze it all the time.