Gluten Free

Vin du Var

My dad's got a Gluten intolerance, but loves his beer - he used to brew his own before he was diagnosed.

I know it's something he misses doing, especially now I've decided to start!!!

So, how easy is it to make Gluten free been and do you have any good recipes?

Then I can get him brewing again, and he'll be more inclined to give me some tips if he can drink the final product:)

wild

There are several great gluten free recipes out there so google your butt off. But to start, here is an eHow on gluten free beer.

angeson

Defender of the swill
I saw some Africans on Discovery or History channel making gluten free beer from sorghum.They had a big vat of it and were diligently adding enzymes by chewing on a gob of it and spitting it back in the vat. Better recipes are likely available but the taste of theirs is probably difficult to duplicate.

Paulsey

That sounds gross. The wife also has a gluten intolerance and it affects her meal choices and drinking. She used to drink beer but now she can't, the gluten free stuff is too expensive.

Candy

I looked the recipe over---it looks delicious. We have a good friend who developed celiac disease pretty late in life, and he really misses beer. He's retired, so he might like to pursue his own brewing.

CrazyBrewer

That sounds gross. The wife also has a gluten intolerance and it affects her meal choices and drinking. She used to drink beer but now she can't, the gluten free stuff is too expensive.
Your right that does sound gross and I can't imagine serving something much less drinking something that was made that way.

wild

New Planet Beer Company Introduces Gluten-Free Craft Beers throughout California
And Wins Gold Medal at LA Commercial Beer Festival
BOULDER, Colo. (July, 25 2011) - At last, people in California following a gluten-free diet can also enjoy a
great tasting craft beer. Boulder, Colorado based New Planet Beer Company which offers gluten-free beer
is now widely available throughout California. This great tasting, craft gluten-free beer can be found in
grocery chains, liquor stores and restaurants.

In addition, this past June New Planet’s 3R Raspberry Ale took the Gold in the gluten-free category at the
2011 Los Angeles International Commercial Beer Competition.

New Planet Beer Company was established in 2008 with a mission to help everyone celebrate life with a
great tasting beer and to do great things for the planet. Their guaranteed gluten-free beers are crafted by
brewers who bring great quality and flavor found only in small batches. This Colorado based company is
family and friends owned and operated. "We named our beer company New Planet Beer Company as a
way to express our desire for a new and invigorated planet. It’s our core mission to make great tasting
gluten-free beers that everyone can enjoy, while donating a portion of our proceeds to environmental
efforts,” said CEO and Founder Pedro Gonzalez.

New Planet Beer Company offers three styles of gluten-free beer.
Tread Lightly Ale – is a smooth and well-balanced “Pilsner like” style ale with citrus tones and light in
body and color. Tread Lightly Ale is made from sorghum and corn extract, orange peel, hops, and yeast.
Tread Lightly supports trail restoration.

3R Raspberry Ale – our award winning raspberry fruit ale has just the right balance of fruit flavor and
aroma. 3R Raspberry Ale is made from sorghum and corn extract, natural raspberry puree, orange peel,
hops, and yeast. ‘3R’ supports Reduce, Reuse, and Recycle – the 3R’s of waste reduction education.

Off Grid Pale Ale – is a wonderful interpretation of the classic pale ale style. It has a distinctly deep
amber color and great character and body. The three varieties of hops provide a wonderful aroma and a
citrus and spicy hop flavor. Made from sorghum and brown rice extract, tapioca maltodextrin, caramel
color, molasses, hops, and yeast. Off Grid Pale Ale supports alternative energy efforts.

Gluten-free beer is part of the rising gluten-free product trend. The market for gluten-free foods and
beverages has exploded in recent years because more and more people are discovering they are gluten
intolerant. Gluten is a protein in grains like wheat, barley and rye, which are typically found in beer.
Throughout the nation, many people have adopted a gluten-free diet by necessity or as a conscious
choice when they discover they simply feel healthier without gluten. Those struggling with common
disorders such as poor digestion and inflammation are discovering that removing gluten from their diet
drastically reduces their symptoms.

New Planet Beer Company was started by Pedro Gonzalez, who is himself gluten intolerant, along with
his wife Seneca Murley. "When I first learned I had to remove gluten from my diet I was amazed how
many products contained the gluten, and ended up with very restricted food choices. But after a period of
time, new gluten-free products started popping up. I really missed craft beer so I started drinking gluten-
free beer, but I couldn’t find a brand that truly satisfied my craving, so I began my quest to make a great
tasting gluten-free craft beer that everyone could enjoy.”

New Planet Beer Company (NPB) is distributed throughout California by Mountain People’s Wine. To
learn more about New Planet Beer Company visit, [URL="http://www.NewPlanetBeer.com"][url]www.NewPlanetBeer.com[/URL][/URL].

Natalie

I'm just starting to learn, so I did some googling, too. The ones that got my attention were the gluten-free and dairy-free chocolate beer muffins and gluten-free beer batter for dinner rolls. Okay, I just found the best one yet: gluten-free beer batter for onion rings.

honyferry

The foods containing Gluten are leadings for serious diseases such as diarrhea after eating and the diseases like Crohns, Coeliac.It is our endeavor to produce the best products for our family members whenever their particular dietary requirements insist on a controlled and strictly monitored variety of natural ingredients. Our range of gluten and wheat foods is constantly grouping with more new and existing additions. Some of the regular foods that we can still eat, without doing any gluten free baking at all. We have to try it and then try it again and must not use a regular recipe by exchanging hours, Use recipes those are moist already , If we have any problems with lactose, use the recipes free from lactose including buttermilk rather than milk.

healthy diet to lose weight fast

helinbert

I usually avoid foods containing Gluten in higher quantities. We all familiar with the products made with wheat such as polka and others works best in diets, We should come across some interesting facts while using these. Some objects to the use of whole-wheat flour products because of allergic reactions. But in recent years, many have discovered that only wheat causes allergic reactions.The original un-hybridized grain, called "spelt wheat", has no such allergic side effect. The whole what spelt flout is now marketed in large supermarkets and health food stores. Only where man had intervened to improve upon what we find in case of negative results.Besides substituting whole grains in place of processed and bleached grain products, organic fresh fruits and vegetables should be preferred over those that are canned or processed.

BrewJen

I didn't realize there was such a thing as gluten-free beer, but I guess it makes sense since there are other grains to choose from. I wouldn't mind trying gluten-free beer; I hope it's better than the gluten-free pizza I had once. ;)