Good Christmas gift

oldieg

Do you have any crafters in your family? What are you getting them for Christmas? I am looking for some cute ideas for my best friend. She loves to craft - any type of craft too. She is just so talented and crafty!

clarkdart

We have one crafty person in the family who actually requested that we hand make their holiday gift this year. It is going to be interesting since no one is really good with crafts but we are willing to give it a shot even though we have no idea what we are making yet.

Bailey

Have you seen the new rubber band bracelets that all the young folks are making? I'm planning on getting one for the teenager in my family and learning how to do this with her. If you are not a crafter, you may want to start with a kit or something simple. There's nothing worse in the world than trying a new project that is too complicated. I know from experience. It's frustrating.

clarkdart

Kits are made for people like me. I can be crafty in a wood shop or doing my own thing but when you want me to sit down and do something that seems simple my fingers get all twisted on me. Nothing turns out right so I might actually need a Dummies book.

HelenWheels

I wish I knew how to knit or crochet so I could make things. I don't even know how to use a sewing machine but I am able to sew things by hand if I need to. My aunt makes the most beautiful quilts and gave me one last year.

clarkdart

As a guy you would be surprised how many things I see for crochet in ads online when I am using our home computer. I am pretty sure others are looking at stuff and I just get stuck with the ads. I caught one the other day for cat hats.

HelenWheels

Were these hats that are made for the cat to wear or hats with a cat on them? Either way that sounds pretty cute! I've seen some of the pictures of cats wearing hats online and they always look pretty unhappy about it. :eek:

My cousin is into embroidery and one of my good friends does a lot of scrapbooking. Both of those look like something I would enjoy doing. It will be easy buying them gifts that go along with their craft interests.

oldieg

I love to embroider. I have made many things - quilt blocks included. In my original post I meant what should I buy for her? She loves to do crafts. I wondered what crafty items I could buy for her.

HelenWheels

What sort of crafts does she like to do? There are lots of fun things you could buy. Maybe a set of ink stamps for creating handmade cards or some polymer clay that hardens in the oven. She can make beads from that and create interesting jewelry. A subscription to a crafting magazine is great too. Someone gave me that one year and I loved it!

clarkdart

I am really trying to talk my better half into getting crafty like this but she says it is too time consuming. How much time does it take to make something like this?