Good wine for people who don't like wine

projicarus

I am a little ashamed to say this, but I've never had a full glass of wine. I think it's because I don't actually like the taste of the more usual wines (white and rose-- I've never tried red). They always taste really bitter to me.

I do want to learn to appreciate wine, though! Is there a wine for people who don't really like wine? Or should I just give up?

Starlight

Not having developed a taste for wine is nothing to be ashamed of. Are you drinking wine by itself? If you would try it with food, you might have a totally different experience. Check out one of the German wines. They have a sweeter flavor, but it's more of a gentle fruity taste.

TeaGirl

I prefer to drink red wines personally. I find them less bitter. You could also try to drink wine with crackers and cheese. It's a nice experience to eat with wine, like Starlight said.

angeson

Defender of the swill
Making a sangria is a way to get a taste for wine. Some make it into a punch with fruit juice and 7-UP. Even just cutting it with lemon lime soda reduces the acid and sweetens it.

TeaGirl

Angeson, thanks for the tips. I like wine but I would like to find a way to make it taste better. I'm one of those people who drinks for taste instead of just to have some wine.

projicarus

Thanks for the tips, everyone! I'm going to try drinking some red wine with food (fancy cheese, maybe) and see if that does it.

bochere

I love to take a glass of wine after a meal and especially the red option. I love the way you want to love taking wine yet you do not like its taste. The love for it develops with time I guess.

rayne

I served a nice Chardonnay to friends by the pool just a few weekends ago and had cheddar cheese chunks, pineapple chunks, red grapes and crackers with it. The flavor combination was outstanding. You should try it.

gits

One time or the other, people love to experiment with one drink or the other. I was at this party and they served a really good punch. I cannot recall what this was made of but the taste was awesome.