Gravy

Dolce

I love gravy on my fried chicken and grilled beef patties. Do you make your own gravy? I always try but the taste doesn't really satisfy me. How do you make your gravy? Have you got any special ingredient? :D

lani

I worship gravy on my burger steak patties! Especially when it is mixed with button mushroom slices, hence called mushroom gravy. I don't know how to make it but I think the gravy comes from the meat drippings, flour, water, your choice of broth, some pepper and your choice of herbs.

Melanie

I was taught to make gravy using the grease from bacon and then adding flour, water, and pepper. I make it rarely because I know it's not the best thing in the world to eat. I love to eat it on biscuits!

MisterMo

I do a similar thing as Melanie when I am making my gravy. I also use grease from other things. Like pork roast and beef. At Thanksgiving I like to make my own gravy from that.

Dolce

The grease from bacon definitely adds a lot of flavor to the gravy, I guess. Melanie is right though, it's not calorie-friendly. :D Lani, for me, gravy with mushroom slices on my grilled patties is also to die for!

Clyde

I have never been able to make gravy. I have tried using the ingredients you have listed but I fail. I do not know what I am doing wrong. Do you have any more instructions, or know how much of each to add?

clarkdart

White gravy over biscuits, this is something that we will exercise off later but its always a nice lazy treat for breakfast on the weekends. I never even eat black pepper expect for when we make this.