Half-caf

HelenWheels

I want to try and cut my caffeine usage down because I keep waking up with those caffeine headaches. I switched to a half-caf blend for the last few days. It tastes good. I can't tell the difference at all, but I just feel so... blah. I also find I am drinking twice as many cups so it really hasn't solved the problem.

Thanks for the input Helen. I had been considering this myself but just had not done it yet. Based on your information I think I'll just try to cut down on the number of cups I drink every day.

corked

Are you sure you're waking up with caffeine withdrawal headaches? Usually these headaches don't come until after you've been up for a while without having caffeine. You might be experiencing something else like high blood pressure or sinus pressure.

I agree with Corked. A caffeine headache doesn't usually hit until you have been a day or two without any. I can't go without my coffee and when I try to do decaf or half-caf my body lets me know. I would definitely get the headaches checked out though.

HelenWheels

I'm pretty sure it's from the caffeine. As soon as I have a cup of coffee, the headache goes away. It's one of the vague type headaches, nothing pounding. I appreciate the good advice, though. Thank you. :)