Heirloom seed source

corked

I want my garden to only contain heirloom plants - none of this genetically-modified crap that is available today. Heirloom seeds provide a lot more nutrition in the fruits and veggies. What's a good source for heirloom seeds, and seedlings if available?

Georgie

Here in the UK we don't have that much trouble because GM plants have not yet been approved for use, but your question concerns me because I have a feeling that this is coming, and we will soon be faced with having no choice in the matter.

corked

With the huge backlash that GMO and Monsanto have been getting, you may never have to worry about it, Georgie. The UK (and most of Europe) have been much wiser about this stuff than the US has. Monsanto appears to practically own a good number of senators and other politicians here.

lannister

What about Baker Creek Heirloom Seed Company? They are by far the best seed company. Landreth is also excellent! until next iphone 6 avec forfait & ipad air

I am glad that I cam across this because I often wonder where I can get heirloom seeds. I am happy to hear that Burpee has them because that is a brand that is widely available in my area. I am not sure that I have ever come across any of the others though.