Honey Basting Sauce For Barbecued Chicken or Lamb

What a delicious, yet simple sauce you can make to add an amazing flavor to your chicken or lamb barbecue.

Honey Basting Sauce

Mix 1/4 cup liquid honey, 1/4 cup prepared mustard and 1 teaspoon curry powder. That's It! Enjoy!

brewgal

Well, this sounds incredibly easy and delicious! We grill nearly every weekend so I am definitely going to be giving this a try on our chicken.

director

Sounds great. I'm not a big curry fan though. Surely there is something I could substitute for the curry. If you are grilling this, when do you put the sauce on? I have a tendency to burn things if the sauce has sugar or honey in it.

keliber

Aw, I hate the mustard part on the honey basting sauce. Is there a substitute for replacing mustard? Can I use ginger juice instead? I love the tangy taste of ginger on chicken.

SandyLynn

I'm not crazy about mustard either but I'm thinking the honey will help there. I'm going to give this one a try and see how I like it.

BrewJen

That sounds so easy yet so yummy! I'm going to try it. We all like both mustard and curry so we won't need to do any substitutions.