Hops Over The Moon

boxwood

I had to share this one. I was surfing the net and ran across an event that I thought was pretty cool. In Dayton, Ohio they have a museum called the Boonshoft Museum of Natural Discovery. I guess it is a zoo/children's museum with an observatory. They hare hosting an adults only event where you can enjoy the museum while attending a beer sampling party.

June 24th and 25th
Hops Over the Moon
Boonshoft Museum of Discovery
2600 DeWeese Parkway
Dayton, Oh 45414

937-2757413

Tickets

$50 in advance
$55 day of

21 plus only

arcadefire

How neat! I wonder if any of the local museums around here do anything like that. The ticket price is a bit high so it makes you wonder what is included in the price.

MisterMo

An observatory as in one of those places you sit and watch fake stars on a screen above you while they point out consolations? I think if I had a few drinks and went in there I would flip out. Sober they make me dizzy!

wild

The high price is usually due to it being a fundraiser. We have similar events here like Zoo Brew where there will be 20-30 different brewery and winery booths pouring samplers to aid the zoo honchos to pry money out of the drunken constituents.

KDC

Hello everyone! I am with the Museum and could not resist chiming in... The event is adults only on Friday ($50 in advance), with family-friendly activities on Saturday ($40 in advance; $7 children 3-14). The price is all inclusive, and there are more than three dozen brews for sampling. There is live entertainment - a GREAT local band - as well as unlimited food, soda/water, and a bar with wine and malt beverages. The food will be amazing, too, so if anyone is in the area, please join us! And, of course, you would be supporting a great cause. We are a children's museum, natural history museum, science center, a zoo, and we house the only public planetarium in the region - although the observing at the event is using real telescopes, so you probably won't get TOO dizzy. :) And, of course, the proceeds go toward funding public programs. Any questions, visit us online: boonshoftmuseum.org/programs-events/special-events/hops Thanks!