How expensive

Ubur3

I'm wondering how expensive it is to make cheese. I've never made it before and never really even thought about making it. Cheese prices keep going up in the store though and we eat a lot of cheese at my house. I would need to make Mozzarella, American and Swiss cheese.

Waynefire

Depends on the cheese. I know I made Mozzarella and it only cost me a about 5 bucks to get the items I needed, but these can be used time and time again. The only thing is make sure you salt your cheese because it can be rather bland if you do not salt it!

Ubur3

$5 is cheap... how much cheese did it make? Heck cheese is so expensive in stores - I would be willing to spend $5 to make cheese. What about the other types of cheese?

rayne

$5 is cheap. I'm with Ubur3. Give us details Waynefire. I love fresh mozzarella but have always been afraid to try to make and and it's way to expensive for my budget. Details please!

I have to agree I would love to hear the recipe for Mozerella for that price! I know for me I do not really make my own cheese and hopefully if it is that cheap to make I can make it easier.

Waynefire

This is what I use http://www.cheesemaking.com/ I do the 30 minute making. The cheese taste really good and the supplies look like they have went up some in cost, but if you pay attention to the materials you can buy them separately from different suppliers for a different cost and have more to use on different batches. Just make sure you use salt otherwise your cheese will not turn out good tasting!