Irish Butter Vanilla Fudge

I have not tried this one but is sounds absolutely amazing! I found this recipe on a blog and I am seriously thinking about adding it to my Christmas goody baking. Has anyone ever had it or something similar?

"10 oz unsalted butter
1 large tin (396g) sweetened condensed milk
7 fluid oz (200 g) whole milk
40 oz (5 cups) sugar
1 tsp vanilla

1. Grease a 11x7x1.5’ pan.
2. In a medium saucepan combine butter, milk, sweetened condensed milk and sugar and bring to a boil.
3. When fudge reaches 115 degrees C on a candy thermometer begin to stir fudge constantly for the next 15 minutes until fudge reaches the soft ball stage. (to test fudge is ready drop a little mixture in to a glass of ice water and it should form a soft fudge ball when ready).
4. Remove from heat and begin to beat by hand. Add vanilla and continue to beat for about 5 minutes or until mixture becomes fudge like.
5. Quickly pour in to prepared pan. Mark pieces with a knife after about one hour and cut when set after 2 hours total.
6. Store in a dry air tight container (best not refrigerated)."

Bailey

I'm one of those people that simply can't make fudge. No matter how hard I try it always comes out either too hard, to sticky or just not good. Your recipe sounds wonderful. Let us know how it tastes.