Kids Trying to Ruin Bread

BrewJen

We made bread the other day. We set it out on the porch to rise and after an hour or so, the kids found it and started poking at it! Luckily we pulled them away before they did any real damage and the bread still turned out ok.

HelenWheels

You have to admit that it is kind of hard to resist poking at a lump of dough when it's sitting right there it all it's rubbery glory. ;) Good thing you caught those rascals. :confused:

Thanks for the laugh. :)

I am glad that you caught them before the bread was ruined! I would never put bread on my porch though. I would be afraid that the bugs or other critters would get into it.

BrewJen

We cover the bread with a towel and it's a screened porch, so we haven't dealt with bugs in the bread or anything like that. It's so warm and humid here that the bread rises better outside.

clarkdart

We have had to learn to never set things out where kids can reach it. We tried this with pies a few times and it seems kids would come take the pie, never tell us and then come home to ask where the pie was.

oldieg

I put it on the window ledge and cover it with a towel. That is funny about the kids though. Glad you stopped them in time. Curiosity always gets the best of them.

Georgie

Ha, sounds like a good reason to buy a bread making machine to me! I love making bread but can't spare the time to do it by hand, so it's the machine every time.:)

brewgal

That sounds exactly like something my kids would do! Clark, we have the same problem here about keeping things out of reach. The only problem is I am running out of places that they can't reach!