Killing My Basil

BrewJen

My basil is not doing well, mostly because I'm inconsistently watering and it's too hot to get away with that. My husband was teasing me about it yesterday because it looks so bad and I'm just having a hard time caring at the moment.

melli

Oh no! Why aren't you watering the basil? I don't grow herbs so I am not sure how often you need to water them. Why don't you care?

BrewJen

I forget to water it most of the time. I guess it needs daily watering this time of year and I'm so busy chasing around the kids that I forget about my basil. I've never been much of a gardener.

I think everyone has the ability to care for greenery. You just need to choose a plant that is compatible to your lifestyle. Have you considered getting a succulent?

I killed mine last year, then I was able to bring it back. Then I killed it again and it stayed dead. I forgot to water it too. We were gone for a couple weeks last summer too and that didn't help.

BrewJen

I should get some succulents! I love them. Whenever I see succulents at the nursery I always admire them. My mom used to have a big bed of hen and chicks and I thought they were neat.

Maverick

Things happen Jen. Look at the bright side, at least you didn't forget to water your dog for a week.:p That would kind of be a bad thing.