Lime Pickles

BrewJen

My parents made some lime pickles for the first time in several years and gave me a couple jars. They are awesome. I don't know how they make them but I need to find out so I can do it myself.

My mom used to make the best lime pickles in the world. I don't have her recipe handy but here is one similar. I don't think you can buy these in the grocery store either so homemade is the way to go.

BrewJen

That sounds pretty similar to what my parents say they do. They experimented with red food dye this time around, but it doesn't look as pretty as the green does.

I have never seen lime pickles in the store either.

Georgie

I absolutely adore lime pickle! It's the best accompaniment ever for curry. You can buy jars of Patak's Lime Pickle here in the UK, and my local pub make their own to serve with the curries they sell.

melli

This is the first time I have ever heard of lime pickles. Thanks for posting a recipe - I had no clue what everyone was talking about before I looked. They look pretty interesting.

BrewJen

I've never had lime pickles with curry; that sounds intriguing. Do you mean the pickles are a side dish to a curry-based entree, or do you dip the pickles in curry sauce?

FrostyMug

I've never heard of lime pickles either, but I love both pickles and lime, so I know I would love them. If you find out how your parents make them, please post. In the meantime, I'll try the recipe posted by HappyHoney. Thanks for making me aware!